SPIRULINA (Arthrospira platensis)
Spirulina is microscopic blue-green algae whose cells form the shape of a perfect spiral coil (thus, the name Spirulina, or little spiral). It contains the most remarkable concentration of functional nutrients ever known in any food, plant, grain, or herb.
WHO SHOULD TAKE SPIRULINA?
1. Children with an inadequate vegetable intake.
2. Teenagers who require extra nutrition during their rapid growth years.
3. Pregnant women who need balanced nutrition.
4. Elderly people who have limited dietary options yet require a wide spectrum of nutrients to maintain optimum health, since Spirulina is easily digestible.
5. Athletes, or people who are active in any sport; Spirulina provides energy and improves stamina
6. People suffering from ailments, recuperating from diseases, needing proper nourishment for fast recovery (Please consult your doctor).
7. People who fail to eat a balanced meal due to their busy lifestyle; those who rely on ‘fast’ or processed foods.
8. Vegetarians who must acquire protein from vegetables; Spirulina is 65% protein by weight, 95% digestible protein (digestible protein in beef is about 20%).